So when I stumbled upon a recipe for Toblerone cupcakes here, I had to make it. The ingredients are simple, and super easy to make (recipe after the photos).
These little cakes are best served a few minutes after taking them out of the oven. Don't go easy on the chocolate! Rich, chocolatey, Toblerone-y goodness in each bite.
Triple Chocolate Toblerone Cupcakes (recipe taken from What Katie Ate - aside from delicious recipes, the site also showcases beautiful, inspiring food styling and photography):
3 cups All-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 Tbsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
125 grams unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup Toblerone chocolate, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder in a bowl. Stir in brown sugar.
3. Melt the butter in a bowl and allow to cool slightly.
4. Whisk eggs and combine with the melted butter and milk.
5. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients along with the chopped Toblerone and mix well.
6. Pour the batter into cupcake pan with paper liners, filling each one 3/4 full.
7. Bake for approximately 16 -18 minutes (this is for a 12-cupcake pan. For a 6-cupcake pan, 10-15 minutes).